Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Some like it hot, others like it sizzlin'!

One of my greatest culinary experiments is to add a bit of a kick to my dishes, but this time I think I may have outdone myself! Before I run I like to eat a bit of carbs and a bit of protein and todays protein (chicken) was covered in a new spice rub my friend picked up for me on his recent travels. That rub is habanero powder mixed another smokey pepper and it has alot of bite! Well I took it a step further and added let it marinade in my Ghost Pepper BBQ sauce, and let us just say, I am good for a while!


Now for a different spice conversation: The thing to take away from this is in order to eat leaner without sacrificing taste, one only has to season their food properly. Most spices give you very few if any calories for the small amount that you will use and many are rich with antioxidants and huge on flavor. It can get pretty tedious eating chicken (my choice meat) for several meals in a week, but I like to spark it up by adding various spices and rubs to it before grilling it. It gives the food a whole new face. If you want a good place to get some spices, then I recommend Penzeys since they have quality spices and even a recipes section. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment