Monday, September 26, 2011

As Long As I Can Hit My Notes

Welcome to another entry in my blog! This one has a lot of little things. To start with, I am excited to say that the Warrior Dash went as planned and felt amazing. It was filled with more obstacles than the Dirty 30, but it was less muddy (so I guess the Dirty 30 is aptly named). It was incredibly crowded there with nearly 6000 participants so I am looking forward for the professional pic to be posted (here on the 29th). It was amazing temperatures and even when I finished I felt I could run an additional 5k. For some reason that is what my body has felt with. Literally Wednesday I had the same experience when I was pushing myself and I ended up doing ~3mi at my fastest pace ever and plenty of energy left in the tank. Usually I find that my best times are reserved for races rather than training so it was encouraging and repeated over the weekend. Hopefully that feeling will not go away because I love it!!! Here I am post-race and post-shower (the kiddo loves the hat)


Additionally I finally decided to purchase a camera that  has what they call 'gourmet' which is supposed to be for taking food pictures. I am hoping I can use it as soon as I get it and show off my healthy pesto recipe! The colors of a fresh pesto are the most vibrant you can get and only a decent camera will show it off so it will be a true test!

There was some tragedy mixed in with this happy event for me. My girlfriend and I were all set to go to the Atmosphere concert this weekend and she had her deluxe edition photo book (1 of 1500 copies) ready for autographs and it made its way on the roof of the car and was not seen again until we were down the street and heard it fly off the car. The spine was broke in half and the cover torn to shreds. She was devastated and I genuinely felt just as depressed because I saw how excited she had been. This story has a magnificent ending, though. When we got to the concert, we were both a little depressed and headed towards the merchandise booth. The great thing about the rhymesayers label (maybe others as well, but I do not do too many concerts) is that the artists are usually promoting there own stuff and readily available for autographs so we approached hopting to get something they could sign. Lo-and-behold, there was a single copy of the limited edition book they were selling and we managed to get it, and had the entire group of Atmosphere (Slug, Ant, Nate and Erick) add a very personalized autographs to her book.

On that same note of high and lows, I would like to say that there WILL be lows along your path to a healthier you and they may even seem disproportionate to the highs that you achieve but trust me, you will see positive results. Remember, Rome was not built in a day, and I am sure not every step along the way was met with 100% perfection. Even a perfect 5 star chef has dishes that do not have that appeal that they aspire by so do not be concerned about hitting a low or maybe not making a goal along the way. Look back at what you were doing and adjust and learn. If you are hitting a plateau, then it may be time to re-adjust your intake or switch up your workout routine. I believe this Atmosphere piece demonstrates the resolve you must have to conquer those tough moments.


No comments:

Post a Comment